How can you measure your inbound calls and track Adwords campaigns to check on and optimise your ROI? This paid search infographic displays top tips on making the channel work well by leveraging analysis and tracking.
Double your productivity by simultaneously refining SEO and SEA. 3.3 billion searches are made every day with Google. Stack the odds in your favour when it comes to getting to the top of this list. Think about how SEO and SEA can be used in conjunction to maximise short-term and long-term online visibility.
- Create a list of relevant keywords: brainstorm all the keywords related to your business. Use
Google’s keyword generator to determine which words are used by your competitors. Remember to include related terms that you wouldn’t have thought of ordinarily. Google AdWords Keyword Planner is among the most useful tools for this, but Google Trends can also be very helpful.
- Add synonyms and common spelling errors.
- Enrich your keywords to create longer key searches: use the ‘long tail’ theory and invest in searches that are less frequent but more specific. For example, try using ‘send a bouquet of red flowers’ rather than just ‘red flowers’. Multiply conversions further by adding expressions containing six or seven words.
- Add ‘negative’ keywords to optimise spending: if you sell email marketing software, exclude ‘free software’ from your list of keywords. This way you’ll only pay for clicks that are likely to lead to conversions.
Ensure ROI with a satisfying shopping experience
Listen to your visitors. Once the ad you’ve paid for is displayed, online shoppers who click on it will be sent to your website, and most of the time to the product page of the item they’re looking for. Facilitate conversion in just a few clicks by improving your landing pages.
- Be consistent. Aim for total harmony between the keyword, the ad and the landing page. Clearly promote what you are selling in your ad, as well as on your landing product page. Make sure to use the keywords and offers from your ads on your landing page.
- Be a minimalist. Making the shopping process easy will increase your conversion rate. In a maximum of three clicks online shoppers should find the items they’re looking for. Reduce the number of clicks needed and you will optimise the searching experience.
- Improve the structure of your landing pages. Help visitors make purchases in just a few seconds, and encourage them to stay and visit more pages. Use cross-selling to increase your average shopping cart and growth turnover.
Exceed your targets by analysing your campaigns and adjusting your Google AdWords strategy
- Set your conversion goals: purchases, newsletter sign-ups, clicks etc. and choose the right goals that work for you. Analyse your business evolution each week and adjust your keyword strategy accordingly.
- Link your AdWords and Analytics accounts. Linking these two Google tools will allow you to obtain a complete analysis from the click on your ad through to the purchase. You’ll then be able to view the impact of your AdWords campaigns on your business. Compare different sources of traffic, and adapt your campaigns depending on the results.
- Calculate your ROI. Compare the cost of your AdWords campaign with the turnover it generates. If the turnover is higher than the amount you invested in, it means that the campaign is profitable, so invest more! If the opposite is true, analyse the consistency between your ad and your landing page.
Increase your turnover by multiplying promotion strategies
Boost your orders by monitoring your other campaigns using Google AdWords as well.
- Gmail ads: a billion visitors use Gmail (Google 2015).
- YouTube: it represents between 3% and 4% of pages viewed worldwide. It’s the third most visited site on the internet. You can use ‘TrueView for Shopping’ to display shopping ads directly from your product feed.
- Google Shopping: SEO, SEA and Google Shopping results will triple your presence on the Google search engine! Ensure that you export your product catalogue to the Google price comparison site.
- Google Display: it represents 33% of the digital advertising market. With traditional banners, animated banners and textual ads, you’ll attract attention! These ads should appear on third party sites relevant to your business in order to obtain qualified clicks.
Become indispensable in online shoppers’ surfing habits: Three new tools have been added to AdWords to boost conversions
- Optimise your costs with campaigns customised according to each visitor’s identity thanks to Customer Match where you can target your audience via an email address database.
- Use Similar Audiences to target new prospects with similar characteristics to those on your original email addresses database.
- Lastly, test the Universal App Campaign extension which allows you to promote your application via Google Search, Google Play, YouTube and Google Display directly from AdWords.
Please register below to unlock this article.
An email will be sent to you with your membership details.